Building your brand is more important than ever! It can help you become more successful with music or your business. Here are some ways to help build your brand:
1. Use the same name with everything! Your email, social media, etc. It will help your fans or other people find you easily on the internet.
2. Be Unique! Being different from everyone else will help you stand out from the crowd. Creating compelling content will keep bringing them back to your site.
3. Do your homework! The more knowledge you know about your target market the better success you will have.
4. Give the people what they want! Peak their interest with a great product! Quality not quantity!
5.Be Visual! Will live in a visual world. Artwork designs and videos are more important than ever.
Bonus Tip: Give something away for free in exchange for an email address. Having a unique free opt-in option helps you generate a database to build a fan base.
1. Doing Too Much – A music producer can get lost in their own little world sometimes and can forget that an artist must be able to sing or rap on their tracks. Scaling back some of those extra busy sounds can make your music more appealing to an artist. Also, remember song structure – make sure the chorus and verse can be easily identified.
2. Buying All the Latest Gear – You don’t have to buy every new piece of gear that comes out. Master what you have already.
3. Not Knowing How to do a Basic Mix – This is a critical piece of production. Knowing how to mix will make a good song sound even better. It could possibly make or break your track.
4. Copying Other Producers Style – Be original! Be Yourself! Artists, A&R, songwriters, etc. are always looking for something new and fresh.
In order to be successful in this business you have to market and promote yourself in someway. Marketing is the overall strategy to attract your fan base to your brand and build awareness to your product. Promotion is putting that plan to work using business tactics to entice your fans/consumers to buy your product. When creating your marketing plan you must know who is your target audience, who are your demographics… Ask yourself – Who listens to your music? What makes you stand out? When promoting, think outside the box. Think online and offline. Having an effective marketing plan with a great promotional strategy can lead you to the path of SUCCESS!!!
By signing up for a Pinterest Business account you can:
1. Show your fans what inspires you or what you find interesting.
2. Drive traffic back to your other sites, like your web store, newsletter signup, or other social media (Facebook, twitter, etc).
3. Use analytics tools to track activity to find out how many people are Pinning from your website, seeing your Pins, and clicking your content.
4. Engage with fans that comment on your posts and build relationship which creates your fan base.
The best things in life are free especially to someone who is trying to break into the music industry. Promotion is a huge key to success and here are 8 ways to get free music promotion:
1. Add a Bands In Town app to your Facebook page
Bandsintown displays all of your upcoming gig dates in a nice-looking Facebook App and will raise awareness to those passing by your page.
2. Create a FanDistro project
FanDistro is great because you can help charities and reward fans. Create a project page and sending it out to your fans, each fan receives a unique link, which they can send to their friends. If their friends then share your music or buy any of your products, they are rewarded with free merchandise and 20% of the sales go to a charity in the fan’s name.
3. Build an App with BandApp
Bandapp is a free mobile app for your music/band.
4. Upload your video to video hosting sites using One Load
OneLoad saves you a lot of time and can help you get more exposure from your videos. It’s completely free and enables you to upload your video to 15+ video hosting sites, such as Vimeo, YouTube, Viddler, and MetaCafe, all in one click.
5. Get some free business cards and use them as download cards
Sites like Vistaprint offers free business cards. Use them as download cards by adding an URL link to a site where they can download your music.
6. Record a cover of a popular song & upload it to YouTube
You’ll be surprised how many new fans you’ll get.
7. Reward your fans & raise money using Pledge Music
PledgeMusic is great for simultaneously raising money for your release (or tour, or video) while developing loyalty with your existing fan base, by offering them cool experiences and gifts for ‘pledging’ on your campaign.
8. Use Bandpage to connect your music to multiple sites
BandPage allows you to connect to your Facebook, Google+, SoundCloud, Twitter, etc. all in one.