8 Ways to Get Free Music Promotion
The best things in life are free especially to someone who is trying to break into the music industry. Promotion is a huge key to success and here are 8 ways to get free music promotion:
1. Add a Bands In Town app to your Facebook page
Bandsintown displays all of your upcoming gig dates in a nice-looking Facebook App and will raise awareness to those passing by your page.
2. Create a FanDistro project
FanDistro is great because you can help charities and reward fans. Create a project page and sending it out to your fans, each fan receives a unique link, which they can send to their friends. If their friends then share your music or buy any of your products, they are rewarded with free merchandise and 20% of the sales go to a charity in the fan’s name.
3. Build an App with BandApp
Bandapp is a free mobile app for your music/band.
4. Upload your video to video hosting sites using One Load
OneLoad saves you a lot of time and can help you get more exposure from your videos. It’s completely free and enables you to upload your video to 15+ video hosting sites, such as Vimeo, YouTube, Viddler, and MetaCafe, all in one click.
5. Get some free business cards and use them as download cards
Sites like Vistaprint offers free business cards. Use them as download cards by adding an URL link to a site where they can download your music.
6. Record a cover of a popular song & upload it to YouTube
You’ll be surprised how many new fans you’ll get.
7. Reward your fans & raise money using Pledge Music
PledgeMusic is great for simultaneously raising money for your release (or tour, or video) while developing loyalty with your existing fan base, by offering them cool experiences and gifts for ‘pledging’ on your campaign.
8. Use Bandpage to connect your music to multiple sites
BandPage allows you to connect to your Facebook, Google+, SoundCloud, Twitter, etc. all in one.