My 5 Music Predictions for 2015
Happy New Year Everyone! As we look back at how the music industry did in 2014, I can’t help but think about what’s next for 2015! 2014 was definitely an interesting year for music but here are some of my predictions for 2015:
- Music with more of a “message” – speaking from the heart, keeping it real and/or current events will become more relevant and interesting to fans/music lovers. People are tired of fake people. Keep it real and stay true to yourself.
- Music downloads will continue to fall and streaming will continue to rise. It’s all just a matter of time.
- More and more music videos will be created with camera phones and GoPro cameras – even with established artists. (ex. Beyonce’s 7/11 video)
- Songwriters and producers will shine more in 2015. People are looking for the talent behind talent.
- Apple will launch their music streaming service. Spotify and Pandora will definitely have more competition.